Policies - Regulation Course
In order to keep Brookview enjoyable for every golfer, we ask that you abide by the following policies when playing on the Regulation Course.
Walk-alongs are not allowed on the golf course. Caddies carrying clubs are allowed. Ride-alongs must sign a liability waiver and purchase their cart rental.
Children under 10 are not permitted on the Regulation Course at any time. Youth ages 10 - 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Juniors ages 10 - 15 playing the Regulation Course on weekends and holidays before 3:30 must be accompanied by an adult.
Golfers must be properly dressed. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times while on the golf complex.
Every golfer must have a set of clubs (four minimum) and bag before teeing off.
Golf rangers and authorized employees are responsible for orderly play, general policing of the course and seeing that the overall speed of play is reasonably maintained. They may remove a golfer or golfers from the course for any flagrant violations of course rules and conduct, such as obnoxious behavior, intoxication, fighting, damaging of course, failure to follow course design from a hole-to-hole basis, improper use of motorized golf carts, and abusive behavior toward other golfers and/or golf course employees.
It is the responsibility of the golf course management to coordinate all activities and enforce the policies and rules of Brookview Golf Course.
No coolers, thermos bottles, or other beverages are allowed unless purchased on the premises.
The golf starter is responsible for assigning foursomes and placing them on the course. Golfers must play in the assigned foursome. Fivesomes will not be permitted unless approved by Golf Course Management.
Brookview Golf Course's "Keep Pace" policy states that:
- a group is expected to complete 18 holes on the Regulation Course in 4 hours and 20 minutes or less
- a group is expected to complete nine holes in two hours and 10 minutes or less.
Foursomes started on the course at nine-minute intervals will finish playing in under four hours and 20 minutes if they keep pace with the group ahead by maintaining that same nine-minute interval throughout the round.
Brookview's Rangers will help you keep play moving. If your group falls one hole behind, you will be approached by a Ranger and asked to close the gap. If your group fails to do so, you will be asked to pick up and move to the proper position on the course. If the gap is not then closed, you may be asked to leave the course.
A beginner golfer may be asked to leave the course when he/she cannot reasonably hit the ball or keep up with the normal pace of a public golf course. A full refund will be issued.
How To Keep The Pace
- Check in at least 15 minutes before your tee time. Be warmed up and ready to play.
- Play from the tee markers that best suit your game.
- Hit your ball when ready and safe to do so.
- Move to the next tee without delay.
- Plan your next shot.
- Limit practice swings. This will keep you from getting tired and you will score better!
- Remember, limit your time between nines.
- Use a "provisional ball" when your ball may be lost.
- Monitor your own group for slow play.
- Line up your putt while others are putting.
- Use "continuous putting" and encourage "picking up" when appropriate.
- Keep up with the group ahead of you on the course. Stay within one shot of that group.
- No more than two riders are allowed at any time on one cart.
- Power carts must be kept at least 30 feet from the greens at all times.
- Carts will only be rented to and operated by people 16 years or older. At no time will a person under the age of 16 be allowed to operate a motorized golf cart.
- Rainchecks on carts shall be made using the same criteria as green fee tickets.
- No rainchecks will be issued on extra carts that have to be rented by Brookview Golf Course for outside tournaments or events.
- Persons using their own carts, or persons leasing from Brookview Golf Course, shall save, defend, and hold Brookview Golf Course harmless from any claim or damage that may result from said use, whether such damage be to the property or person of the users or employees, or property of Brookview Golf Course, the property of persons or others. In the case of leasing, the leasing period will begin upon checking out the cart and will continue until the cart is checked in and found to be in the same condition as when it was leased.
Rainchecks apply to rain only. On a nine-hole ticket, a raincheck will be issued if three holes or less have been completed. With an 18-hole ticket, a raincheck will be issued if three holes or less have been played and a nine-hole raincheck will be issued if the player has completed 12 holes or less.
Trespassers, dog-walkers, bird feeders, bicycle riders, picnickers, ball pickers or any other unauthorized person are not permitted to walk, ride, or rest on the golf premises.
No person is allowed to play golf on the course after it has been closed by the course greens superintendent or his designee because of weather or certain maintenance practices. Cart usage is also regulated by the course management.
Golf privileges may be revoked for persons who submit false information for the purpose of securing golfing privileges.