2013 Junior Group Lessons
Lessons take place at the Brookview Lesson Tee, unless otherwise noted.
Junior Golf Camps (Ages 6-17)
|Mon–Thurs, June 10–13||8–10 am||11948|
|11 am–1 pm||11949|
|Mon–Thurs, July 8–11||8–10 am||11950|
|11 am–1 pm||11951|
|Mon–Thurs, Aug 5–8||8–10 am||11952|
|11 am–1 pm||11953|
At the Brookview Junior Golf Camp, we focus on the skills and fundamentals required for youth to be great golfers. Each camp session will cover everything from putting and chipping to driving and playing lessons on the golf course. Youth will take part in a “warm-up” exercise session at the beginning of the class followed by numerous golf skills exercises to improrve weight-shift, alignment, posture, and swing. Each day we will focus on a different area of the game. Clubs and balls provided. Class size is 6–14 students. Youth of all ages.
- Day 1 On The Green: Get a historical overview of the game as well as tips on appropriate attire and etiquette. Learn the purpose of each club and receive an introduction to fundamentals, including grip, alignment, posture, putting, and distance control.
- Day 2 Hit It Close: This introduction to the short game features chipping, pitching, and green-side bunker play. Plus, learn about the different areas of the golf course, including fairways, rough, greens, fescue grasses, hazards, and out-of-bound areas.
- Day 3 The Turn: Learn the importance of physical fitness and golf course care, including filling divots and fixing pitch-marks. Get an intro to the full swing with an iron as well. The second hour includes and introduction to drivers, fairways, and hybrids.
- Day 4 Take Your Swing To The Course: Learn how to put it all together, play, and keep score! The final test is playing a few holes on the Par 3 course.
Little Linksters ($75)
|Saturday, April 27–May 18||8–8:45 am||3-5||11934|
|Saturday, June 1–22||8-8:45 am||3-5||11935|
|Saturday, July 13-August 3||8-8:45 am||3-5||11936|
Discover and explore golf with fun activities and games that capture the imagination and develop critical thinking skills. Little Linksters uses modified equipment to teach fundamental skills and etiquette with simple, kid-friendly language and hands-on activities. Children are encouraged to repreat this program several times to acquire basic skills and feel comfortable with golf course rules and etiquette. Class size is 5-10 students.
Linksters ($99, Ages 8-15)
Build strong foundations and develop key swing and scoring skills with the grip, aim, stance, and swing for all shots from short to long. Each class will integrate fun games and exercises to keep the sessions lively and engaging. Class size is 5-10 students.
|Saturday, April 27–May 18||noon-1 pm||11940|
|Saturday, June 1–22||noon-1 pm||11941|
|Saturday, July 13-August 3||noon-1 pm||11942|
Level I: The FUNdamentals are stressed with an emphasis on grip, aim, stance, and swing. Specific skills include putting, chipping, pitching, and full swing. Kids will have an opportunity for play with a fun on-course activity at the end of class.
|Saturday, April 27–May 18||1-2 pm||11943|
|Saturday, June 1–22||1-2 pm||11944|
|Saturday, July 13-August 3||1-2 pm||11945|
Level II: Juniors will continue the fundamentals and learn more about golf, improving their skills to better enjoy playing golf on the course with family and friends.
|Saturday, June 1–22||noon-1 pm||11946|
|Saturday, July-August 3||noon-1 pm||11947|
Level III: Juniors can let their skills soar and prepare for competition in junior tournaments and school golf.
Registration begins in March and is on a first-come, first-served basis through Golden Valley’s Park & Recreation Department.
- If you have previously registered for a Golden Valley recreation program online, just use your family's PIN and barcode numbers to register through GV Rec Connect.
- If this is your first time registering online, call the Park and Recreation Office at 763-512-2345 (Mon–Fri, 8 am–5 pm) for a PIN and barcode number.