2013 Adult Group Lessons
Lessons take place at the Brookview Lesson Tee, unless otherwise noted.
Lessons with Michael Turnbull [Bio]
101 - The Basics
|Mon & Wed, April 29 - May 13||5:45 - 6:45 pm*||11905||Mon & Wed, April 29 - May 13||7 - 8 pm||11906|
|Tues & Thurs, April 30 - May 14||5:45 - 6:45 pm*||11907|
|Mon & Wed, May 20 - June 5**||5:45 - 6:45 pm*||11908||Mon & Wed, May 20 - June 5**||7 - 8 pm||11909|
|Tues & Thurs, May 21 - June 4||5:45 - 6:45 pm*||11910|
|Mon & Wed, July 8 - July 22||5:45 - 6:45 pm*||11911||Mon & Wed, Aug 5 - Aug 19||5:45 - 6:45 pm*||11912|
These group lessons are for the beginner adult golfer. Lessons will cover an overview of the game of golf, including rules and etiquette, putting, chipping and pitching, and full swing irons and woods.
Class meets for four 60-minute lessons, plus a fifth class at the Par 3 to provide a real golf course experience.
Clubs and balls are provided. Class size is 6–10 students. $99
- Day 1 The Grip, Short Game (Putting)
- Day 2 The Grip, Posture, Short Game (Chipping) – Rhythm and Balance
- Day 3 The Grip, Posture, Pitching, and Full Swing Irons – Feeling Rhythm and Balance
- Day 4 The Grip, Posture, Full Swing Woods – Feeling Rhythm and Balance
- Day 5 Playing the Par 3 Course – Rules & Etiquette
*Final class meets at the Par 3 Course at 7 pm.
**No class May 27
201 - Play Golf with the Pro
|Mon & Wed, June 10, 12, 17||7:30 pm||11913|
|Tues & Thurs, June 11, 13, 18||7:30 pm||11914|
|Mon & Wed, July 8, 10, 15||7:30 pm||11915|
|Tues & Thurs, July 9, 11, 16||7:30 pm||11916|
This class is perfect for beginning adult golfers with some prior golf instruction.
You start with a 60-minute instructional session at the lesson tee followed by two 90-minute sessions on the Par 3 course. These on-course lessons offer a practical, easy way to learn basic golf rules and etiquette.
Golf clubs and balls provided. Class size is 3–6 students. $99
- Day 1 The Grip, the Full Swing Motion – Rhythm and Balance
- Day 2 Play the Par 3 Course with Michael, Learn New Shots, Distances, Rules & Etiquette
- Day 3 Play the Par 3 Course with Michael, Bunker Shots, Uneven Lies, Rules & Etiquette
Mindful Golf Clinics
Join Michael to learn new and interesting things about a wide variety of golf topics. Clinics meet Saturdays from 10–11 am. Class size is 6–10 students. $25/clinic
|Saturday, April 27||10 - 11 am||11917|
|Saturday, June 1||10 - 11 am||11918||Saturday, June 13||10 - 11 am||11919|
Trying too hard? It doesn’t have to be that way. This clinic presents a relaxed way for beginners and intermediates to learn more about their golf swing and how to improve their woods. Discover your sources of power and consistency with both your driver and fairway woods.
|Saturday, May 4||10 - 11 am||11920||Saturday, June 29||10 - 11 am||11921|
Partial swings can be golf’s most difficult shots. They also are important scoring shots. Students will learn to use clubs from different lies and learn different types of shots to improve their score.
|Saturday, May 11||10 - 11 am||11922||Saturday, June 22||10 - 11 am||11923|
Students will learn short game fundamentals and techniques. The ability to use a variety of clubs will add creativity to your game and lower your score.
|Saturday, May 18||10 - 11 am||11924||Saturday, June 8||10 - 11 am||11925|
Topping the ball? That’s not much fun. Golf is mostly played from the ground, not off a tee. This clinic presents a simple and relaxed way to feel the difference between a swing that rolls the ball on the ground and one that launches it in the air. Discover what matters most when hitting approach shots and develop some confidence with your irons/hybrids.
Lessons with Dee Forsberg [Bio]
Senior Par 3 Golf Clinics
|Wednesday, May 1||On The Greens||noon - 1 pm||11926|
|Wednesday, May 22||Approaching The Green||11927|
|Wednesday, June 19||Bunkers And Trees||11928|
|Wednesday, July 17||Tee Shots||11929|
These one hour clinics for seniors age 60+ are designed to help sharpen golf skills in an on-the-course experience.
Each session will highlight a specific on course skill. Clinics include 30 minutes of instruction followed by 30 minutes of golf on the Par 3 course. Clubs and balls provided. Class size is 6-12 students.s
Ladies Par 3 Golf Clinics
|Wednesday, May 8||On The Green||noon - 1 pm||11930|
|Wednesday, May 29||Approaching The Green||11931|
|Wednesday, June 26||Bunkers And Trees||11932|
|Wednesday, July 24||Tee Shots||11933|
Open to women ages 16+, with all types of golf experience. It’s a great way to get the girls together and improve your golf skills. Come learn to play golf in a no-pressure atmosphere where you will feel at ease in improving your game.
Clinics include 30 minutes of instruction followed by 30 minutes of golf on the Par 3 course. Clubs and balls provided. Class size is 6-12 students.
Registration for Group Lessons begins in March and is on a first-come, first-served basis through the Brookview Golf Shop.
- Register in person in the Golf Shop.
- Register by phone at 763-512-2305 (with a credit card).
- Register by mail. Download application form and return to: Brookview Golf, 200 Brookview Parkway S, Golden Valley, MN 55426.
- Register online (through Golden Valley Park & Recreation).
- If you have previously registered for a Golden Valley recreation program online, just use your family's PIN and barcode numbers to register through GV Rec Connect.
- If this is your first time registering online, call the Park and Recreation Office at 763-512-2345 (Mon–Fri, 8 am–5 pm) for a PIN and barcode number.